Thursday, December 27, 2007

emotional brain juice

So as I was writing today, I became aware of what I had been unconsciously doing. It was like a little gift of creative juice, and i didn't need to change anything i had written, but now i can tease out details that will strengthen it. It satisfies my need for symmetry, my desire for strong characters, inspiration for plot and dialog, and it's really simple and i should have thought of it sooner.

You know, those, "well, of course, it had to be that way," moments (which I'm sure I've read about on Neil Gaiman's blog, and I think I understand now better than I did).

clumsy thinker's read it up to where I am in the book and she has been the perfect shade of supportive and constructive. She has been my greatest charm against my self-doubt and has given me the balls to wave my fist in my face and DO IT.

So i also realized that i am following practically step by step what this guy i knew from a previous job did while we worked there together. He was writing a book, and he had a blog about it (it was his website, but it was his journal about his book), and the book was interesting and it seemed like it was going somewhere and then ... well, i don't know if he never finished the book or if i just stopped hearing about it. There were other things going on in his life that understandably took precedence.

Hang on, I'll check.

I found him on Amazon, and traced him a bit from there (found a few other friends on the way) but I couldn't find any home page for him. Ah well.

Anyway, I am keeping the image in mind as a reminder that I want this to go somewhere. I want to finish this for realzies.

No comments: