Friday, December 28, 2007

Who's got enough change for a donut?


I'm looking into a void, here, at this point in the second narrator's plot. I know where she's going, but right now I have no idea other than generalities of how she gets there. And I completely don't know what to do with my first narrator. Big ol' question mark.

I'm trying not to panic about it. I remembered today after I wrote a couple more inches towards the edge of the cliff that I can skip around if i need to. That was my big epiphany a few posts ago, and it would be stupid not to at least try it out.

So i'm going to skip ahead, I think. I'll have to think about it though, because I'm in uncharted waters as it is. I've been sort of freestyling it for a bit and it's worked pretty well. What it does not do is prepare you for moments like this. Of course the main advantage is its a big adventure that I'm finding out as i go, but right now we're stuck at the gas station at three am with no money. We'll get out of this, sure, but I'm a little weirded out by the toothless old men sitting out front hehing to themselves.

I could always try those writer's block exercises. Nice to know I have something to lean back on, like a trust fall, only if i need it.

2 comments:

Kamina said...

I think your lingering cold might have something to do with making your brain tired. That's not writer's block, that's sleepy brain. You know whenever we sit and talk you end up writing something amazing, so don't hate. Reprizentin 4 da muses!

Merk said...

hollah!