Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thumbs up!

I almost didn't write today because I was running around trying to find places all day. I tried to find this wholesale computer parts place, but the GPS gave up and said, "y'know, don't worry about it, you're there. No, you know what? You're there, and I'm done." And the building, let alone the store, was nowhere in sight. In fact, the only thing in view was a gas station, a medical building, and a Netflix building. I had no idea Netflix had a building in that neighborhood, and the only way I'd know how to find it again is to ask my GPS to look for a building that doesn't exist.

Well, sure it exists, but possibly in some pocket dimension where hippy pixies ride unisaurs and play banjos, and computer parts are ridiculously cheap.

Anyway, I got a bunch of stuff done but I completely didn't think of writing until an hour before now and Clumsy Thinker said, "Hey, are you going to write today?" and I was all, oh! I forgot! and then ... ohhhhhkayyyy ...

But then I wrote and I was happy about doing it because I got some good stuff down and I giggled a little inside. There were a couple of times I stopped and tried to think of what was going to happen next and then I realized the character was a couple of steps ahead of me and I had to write quickly to catch up.

I said to CT, "I don't know how much longer I can make this story," and she said, "I'll buy you another book!" all scornful exasperation. She actually wasn't scornful or exasperated, but I had to share that image with you. Thanks!

3 comments:

Kamina said...

All I'm saying is you don't have to end the story just because you don't have any more room in your journal.

Kamina said...

halfway through today and i see no post

Merk said...

I did it though! Squeaky through.